You can find courses and training offered by Eden’s Script here. You can also request a workshop by getting in touch. You will be asked to provide identification and a reference.
For commissioning please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Maternity Maidens: Holistic Perinatal Practitioner
Maternity Maidens’ began as a project that utilised holistic peer support and self- help strategies to improve maternal health and well-being. It is appropriate for those wanting to offer birth support or doualing. It is also suitable for individuals who want to do CPD. It is for women who want to support other women or themselves. Through the project we aim to minimise things such as loneliness, poor health, depression, and anxiety. We also provide women with information about making birth choices and using up to date evidence to help inform their decisions. One of ‘Maternity Maidens’ fundamental goals to help women heal themselves preparatory to healing and supporting others. We hope to equip mums who want to make difference in their community and who wish to stay at home with their children but also be able support themselves doing something meaningful and rewarding.
We have included key skills and consolidated them into a single course. The course can be done individually or in groups. If you choose to do the full online version (individual) you will still get all of the skills outlined. For those wanting to do the day workshop you can expect an environment that is friendly, warm and comfortable as these are the skills we want to instil in our maidens. All materials (herbs/oils) are provided.
There will be a further required reading list and assignments. Further to the day there will be ongoing support, learning and opportunities.
What you will gain:
- A Certificate in Nutrition
- An understanding of how to provide support to women from pregnancy through to the postpartum period
- An awareness of the changes a woman experiences throughout pregnancy through to the postpartum
- Skills for providing emotional support
- Insightful knowledge about breastfeeding and how to provide basic support to a mother who wants to initiate breastfeeding
- Self-care methods
- Holistic approaches to good health and natural remedies
- Safeguarding and working safely
- Business basics
Breastfeeding E-learning for parents
This course was designed to help you get breastfeeding off to the best start. You will find a mixture of text, images and video clips with answers and guidance to the top breastfeeding questions and problems.
- Families who earn under £16,000 per year
- Parents under the age of 21 years
- Black, asian and minority families
An Introduction To The Study of Midwifery
8 Level 3 credits
This unique introduction to the work of midwifery is taught by independent midwives. It takes you from historical perspectives and practices through to contemporary practice and regulation. You’ll cover theory, anatomy and physiology and will have an opportunity to get some experience visiting maternity forums. Plus much more. Contact Elsie for further details.
Cost: £100 (1 day)
£480 (5 days)
- Anatomy and Physiology
- Antenatal classes
- Aquanatal sessions
- Opportunities for practical experience to support mothers